It is always interesting and important to stay current with international trends. In particular, International Color Trends for 2014, as they emanate from Europe bear close observation. There is very little questioning the impact that new Euro designs will eventually have on American design plans. So with that said, here are few ideas.
Last month the renowned trade show, imm cologne , The International Furnishing Show, was held in Cologne, Germany. The event describes itself as “the most important furnishing show in the world’s most important furnishing market….for one week in January and in close association with an extensive programme of events in the city of Cologne, it is the epicenter of the international furnishing and design world. A personal favorite is the European interior stylist and blogger Gudy Herder. She reported from the Cologne show, on behalf of decor8, and discussed the color trends for 2014 that she observed there. I will paraphrase Gudy’s observations in the following manner.
- Pink was slightly pale and most certainly the premier pastel.
- Red was a statement color for both emphasis and space brightening.
- Purple moved to a lighter more feminine color.
- Blue rode the pastel trend as it was used to lighten and brighten.
- Green appeared in all shades….following the indoor gardening trend.
- Yellow was more typically seen in Northern Euro than in Southern Euro schemes.
- Black, White and Gray were oft times combined in pattern on pattern on pattern.
We all work diligently to stay abreast and current on Euro styles as they move in our direction. Text me at 305.986.1046 and start a conversation on color trends in 2014. As always, thanks for reading!